Make your tan last up to 10 days:
The first tanning hours after your tanning appointment are the most important.
- Wait 8 to 16 hours before showering.
- Do not sit directly on leather or light fabric seats and furniture after your tanning session. Sit on a towel or cloth instead.
- Avoid rubbing your palms against your skin as the solution will turn them a darker color.
- Be careful when washing your hands and other activities that may cause your tan to streak (such as heavy perspiration) until you shower.
- When showering, use body wash or shower gel and avoid bar soap (contains alkaline).
- You will see color washing off the first time you shower. This is just the bronzer color that was applied. Your skill will continue to tan as the self-tan reaction occurs on your skin.
- When showering, use your hand instead of a washcloth.
- Taking long, hot baths or soaking in the pool can accelerate exfoliation and fade your tan.
- Avoid exfoliating skin and hair removal products.
- Moisturize twice a day with alcohol-free lotion to hydrate skin. Shea butter is recommended (contains no alcohol) since common lotions use alcohol, which dries the skin and causes the tan to fade quicker and unevenly.
- When swimming or soaking in the hot tub, use a waterproof sunscreen to help seal in the color.